Friday, August 10, 2012

Me, Myself and I

This past week everything seems to slowly falling back into a normal school day routine, which is so nice.  I am finding my voice as a first year teacher and hoping the day goes well.
This week I decided to introduce my Kinders to the Primary Colors and Piet Mondrian seemed like the perfect inspiration. I began by showing students this video I thought it was awesome and the kids loved it.  I also showed this to my older groups and the end of class to get there minds moving for Color Theory next week.     



After the video we focused on our primary colors, I then introduced the artwork of Piet Mondrian.  Students then create there own Mondrian style collages.  I allowed them to choose white or black paper as a base and they then glued down red, yellow and blue paper in various sizes.  
And this is the results...



First through Fifth drew self-portraits this week.  I did not do an official lesson, this was more to see where they are at in drawing.  In the Spring we will do a full lesson and compare the two.
And this is what I got.
3rd Grade

1st Grade

1st Grade

2nd Grade

5th Grade

4th Grade


No comments:

Post a Comment